Last updated: September 5, 2017
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not use or access our Services. If you become aware that a child has obtained an account on the Services, please contact us at email@example.com. If we learn that a child under 13 is using our Services, we will terminate the child’s account and delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our systems.
Information We Collect
We may collect and store the following information when you use the Services:
- Information From You. You will be given the option to access or register for the Services through the use of your user name and password. You authorize us to access and store your name, email address(es), physical address(es), phone number(s), birth date, and other information that is made available to us, and to use and disclose it in accordance with this Policy. You also authorize us to collect and use content and information provided or generated by you while using the Ampersand Platform Services.
- “Cookies" Information. We may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Services. You may choose not to accept cookies from the Services. If you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Services to their fullest potential.
- “Automatically Collected" Information. We may “automatically collect" information such as your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Services, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Services.
- Personal Information. When you install or otherwise use the Services, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called “personally identifiable” information, or “personal information,” that specifically identifies you as an individual, such as your email address or credit card account information or birth date.
Where We Collect the Information
Our Services are hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the Services from other regions, then please note that you are transferring your personal information to the United States for storage and processing. For EU individuals, such transfers are conducted in accordance with the Privacy Shield, as detailed further below. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect in a variety of ways to improve and support the Services and our business operations, including:
- to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Services;
- to provide support to users and respond to questions and requests for information;
- to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users;
- to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality.
We may use your email address or other information we collect on the Services:
- to contact you with respect to troubleshooting and other technical support you request;
- to send you information about new features of the Ampersand App and to promote the Ampersand App and our other services;
- for administrative purposes;
- to process payments;
- to address intellectual property infringement, privacy violations or defamation issues.
We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information to:
- personalize our services, such as remembering your sign-in preferences;
- monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Services;
- monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
How We Protect Data and Information
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your designs and personally identifiable information. If that personally identifiable information is credit card information, it is transmitted directly to the payment provider in a secure way. We do not store credit card information. However, we expressly disclaim any and all liability for unauthorized access of your credit card and other personal and/or financial information collected and transmitted by us, and you agree to hold us harmless from any and all claims, liabilities and damages that may result from any such unauthorized access. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on our website or the Services, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Services if a security breach occurs.
Who We Share Personal Information With:
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information to third parties without your consent. We may share your personal information with:
- Third parties who provide website or application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. We try to limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we request that they maintain the confidentiality of such information;
- Third parties responsible for monitoring our compliance with various reporting obligations;
- Payment processors;
- State and federal laws agents, including courts, judiciary, copyright regulators or other government entities as necessary to cooperate with law enforcement; and
- Any successor or assigner following a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, insolvency or any other change in control or ownership of the Services.
- We reserve the right to disclose your information if appropriate or necessary to protect the security or integrity of the Services or to protect our rights, the rights of others or prevent fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful activity or to take precautions against liability.
We use Google Analytics services and other third party data collection and analysis services on our website. Google may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and Google and others may use third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on a user's past visits to our website. If you want to update or opt out of your Google Analytics and other similar preferences, you may do so by using Google’s Ads Preferences Manager or such other tools as Google or such third party site may make available. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services.
You may access the Services through features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services through which links or access is provided to the Services.
No security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Services. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Even after information posted on the Services is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Services. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Services will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Do Not Track Policy
Our website and Services are not designed to respond to "do not track" signals received from browsers.
Marketing Opt-In and Opt-Out
EU – U.S. Privacy Shield
Ampersand is responsible under the Privacy Shield Principles for the processing of personal information it receives under the Privacy Shield Framework and subsequently transfers to a third party, unless we will prove that we are not responsible. Ampersand complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal information from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal information received pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Ampersand is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and other relevant US statutory bodies authorized to verify and ensure compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles. In certain situations, Ampersand may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
You have the right to access, correct and/or delete your personal information. If you wish to request access to, correction, or deletion of personal information you have submitted through the Services, you can log into your account or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Ampersand commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Ampersand at email@example.com.
Ampersand’s accountability for personal data that it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, Ampersand remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless Ampersand proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Ampersand has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit jamsadr.com for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
You have a right, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration through for complaints regarding Privacy Shield compliance not resolved by any of the other Privacy Shield mechanisms. Please check https://www.
privacyshield.gov/article?id= for additional information. ANNEX-I-introduction
Questions About Your Privacy
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.